Thursday, October 15, 2009

Taxi refuses to pick me up

Yesterday I rang to book a taxi but after waiting 15 minutes and the taxi company not being able to locate a taxi for me I went to the city to catch a bus instead. Just near the bus stop I saw a wheelchair taxi with some other taxis. I went up to the wheelchair taxi but the driver ignored me. A person not in a wheelchair did not see me but got into the taxi. I attracted the attention of this person and asked if he could catch one of the other taxis in the queue so he got out of the taxi and got into another one. The driver of the wheelchair taxi was then not able to continue ignoring me but stated that he would not take a person in a wheelchair despite him driving a wheelchair taxi. Other people in the vicinity became aware of our conversation and remonstrated with the driver who continued to say that he would not take a wheelchair.

Eventually I had to give up and go and catch a bus. I rang up the taxi company to complain as I had the taxi's number plate but was told that they could do nothing and I should complain to someone else, perhaps the taxi directorate.

Wheelchair taxis are of no use to me whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment