Monday, August 24, 2009

Driver refuses to let me board bus

This morning I waited 20 minutes for the Sita (402) bus in Grattan St with another woman. Eventually the bus arrived and as the other woman boarded the bus driver said, "You can get on but I am running late so I don't have time to let the woman in the wheelchair on".

I heard this and had to argue strongly before the driver would let me get on the bus!

This is not the first time that this has happened with this bus route. I contacted the bus company (again) and they apologised (again) and said that the bus driver would be counselled/disciplined (again) but I have heard this before and nothing seems to get better.

I never have this problem with Ventura bus drivers - only ever with Sita bus drivers. There is a real corporate culture/attitude difference between these two bus companies. I would love to know if others have had problems with Sita?

No comments:

Post a Comment